After losing my phone (or having it stolen, the case is still open) in Thailand I finally cave in and got myself an iPhone! Been thinking about it for a while, and suddenly finding myself without a phone was the perfect excuse for splurging on something I had wanted for a long, long time. In a way it's kind of weird to be online and accessible at all times (I'm known for not really answering texts, phone calls or just plainly being out of reach) but several whatsapp chats later I find myself settling down with all that's new. Being able to have hilarious Skype calls with my dad at any time or chatting far often with my cousins in Singapore is beyond thrilling. Daddy spent forever trying to teach me, for the 100th time, how to write my name in Chinese, and apparently it looks something like picture number 10. (Will post the picture later once I have confirmed with my cousin that it's correct...)
All the pictures shown above are taken from my instagram, my new wondrous way of keeping those around me constantly updated on what I'm doing and where I am.
1. During the colder months I tend to sleep with fluffy socks, but I always wake up with one of them missing.
2. My best friend gave me a manicure appointment for Christmas, and when I was given the choice of a regular mani + pedi or shellac, I figured I would be getting more value for money if I went with the latter option considering shellac can last up to two weeks. Unfortunately I got a little too excited earlier today and ended up peeling off the nail polish on one of my nails. It doesn't look good.
3. Ordered a sandwich, but ended up getting a salad instead. Or a weird crossover.
4. Chinese checkers with mummy along with deep fried bananas and yogurt ice cream which I forgot to take a picture of.
5. Lots, and lots of pigeons. When I took this picture they all came running towards me like in some weird horror movie. I suppose they assumed I was going to feed them.
6. Sneak peak of a project I'm working on.
7. My co-worker, Anh Thuy, proudly showing off her recently won trophy at a belated Christmas job party. I won the award for the most 'solution oriented'.
8. Shellac sisters.
9. Aaaand a picture of me and some of my colleagues. Wore my Versace for H&M dress and actually won the award for the party's best dressed!
Shockingly cheap set of underwear I bought in Thailand along with a pair of swallow earrings from Accessorize that I got for only 16 NOK. Score.
Today I woke up late, had a spaghetti dinner for breakfast due to the lack of bread (apparently we Norwegians don't know what to do with ourselves when we can't have our traditional and very boring bread + spread breakfast), tagged along mummy when she went to visit my grandmother, came home, made a sweet and sour tofu dish from scratch which turned out...okay. And to make up for my somewhat disappointing attempt at Thai food, I'll give these Donut Holes a go before it gets too late.
Btw happy Lunar New Year everyone! Hope you receive loads of little red packets.
After soaking up the sun for two weeks, I'm back in cold Norway. Not something to rejoice about, but in some aspects it's good to be home. Posts on Oslo, Christmas and Thailand will come later, as I'm currently struggling with all the editing. To avoid leaving this update with the lack of at least one picture, I'll leave you with a picture taken from our hotel room in Kata, Phuket.
On a side note, school starts up again today, and to get a fresh start on the new semester I bought myself a new Doraemon pencil case in Thailand. Uber cute, I swear.
Khob khun ka!